Have you decided to jump on the air frying bandwagon but aren't sure where to start? Not sure you have room for another kitchen gadget? Read my review of the Michelangelo Air Fryer Lid to see if it is the solution to your air frying needs.
Watch The Video
Footprint is a huge factor for a lot of people when they consider a kitchen appliance. No one wants something big, ugly, and in the way.
This air fryer lid is so convenient. It's portable, lightweight, and easy to store.
If you have a small kitchen, too many gadgets, or simply don't like keeping gadgets on your kitchen counter, this is a good option for you.
Want to compare how big the lid is to a 6 quart Instant Pot? It's about 1/2 the height and 3/4 the width so that it fits on top of your 6 or 8 quart pressure cooker perfectly.
So, just because you have a whole 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot that you're putting this on doesn't mean that you can air fry 6 or 8 quarts of food. Since the heating element and fan are only at the top, the top layer of food is all that will be cooked correctly.
For reference, I cooked about 14 breaded shrimp at once in this basket and they crisped up nicely. Anything more than that, you'll need to flip, turn, and cook longer.
With this air fryer lid, the capacity is all about the size of the basket that comes with it. As with any other air fryer, you don't want to layer the food you're cooking. That will keep it from crisping and cooking evenly.
What I love most about this Michelangelo Air Fryer Lid is that you can customize time and temperature. So if you have a specific recipe you want to try, you can set this to cook exactly how the recipe calls for.
However, there are also presets you can use. These are the presets that you can find on this air fryer lid:
- Egg Tart
- Sweet Potato
4. Ease Of Use
Seriously. This is so easy. Here's how you use this Michelangelo Air Fryer Lid:
- Place the air fryer lid on your pressure cooker.
- Click down the lever on top.
- Set time and temperature.
- Turn half way through cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy.
No one wants something that is unsafe or hard to use. This air fryer lid comes with a couple of safety features that make it more family-friendly and safe to use. They are:
- Locking start function. If you use this Michelangelo air fryer lid, you'll notice that you have to click the handle in place for the heating element and fan to start. This prevents someone from accidentally placing the air fryer lid on their countertop without turning it off.
- Silicone trivet. No need to worry about placing a hot air fryer lid on your kitchen counter and burning your countertops or yourself. This air fryer lid comes with a silicone trivet to place the lid on while you flip your food and take it out of the basket.
5. Ease Of Cleaning
With this Michelangelo air fryer lid, the hardest thing to clean will actually be the pressure cooker you put your lid on top of.
If you have a little bit of food residue or splatter on your air fryer lid after cooking, here's how you will clean it:
- Wait for the air fryer lid to cool completely
- Take a soft rag and get it wet with water only
- Wring out all excess moisture
- Take the damp cloth and gently wipe down the lid.
So, this Michelangelo air fryer lid is very affordable compared to some of the better free standing air fryers. But, you have to remember that it is only a lid.
If you're wanting to purchase this version of an air fryer, you either need to already have an Instant Pot or be willing to add the expense of buying one to the equation.
So, you don't have an Instant Pot to put this on and know that adding both of these gadgets to your kitchen isn't in your budget? No big deal. If you have a recipe that only has air fryer instructions, you can still use your oven to get the same results. Here's how you do it:
- 25% more time
- 25% higher temperature
What Does The Michelangelo Air Fryer Lid Come With?
- Air Fryer Lid
- Silicone Trivet
Things I Like About The Michelangelo Air Fryer Lid
- Small footprint and easy to tuck away when not in use.
- Great addition to your Instant Pot if you already own one.
Things I Dislike About the Michelangelo Air Fryer Lid
- Not a functioning machine without the addition of an electric pressure cooker.
- Only cooks small quantities
- Requires you to flip food half way through cooking
Would I Buy This?
Would I buy this? That's a very complicated question because not every gadget is right for ever person. Here's what I would base my decision on:
Buy This If
- You have limited kitchen space.
- You already have an Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker.
- Are on a budget
- You are cooking smaller quantities of food
Pass On This If
- You want to cook for a lot of people
- You don't already own an Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker
- Can't be bothered to babysit your food to flip halfway through cooking time
If this Michelangelo air fryer lid is the right fit for you, you can buy one HERE.
If you found this review on the Michelangelo Air Fryer Lid helpful, make sure you share it with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook so they can add it to their kitchen gadget collection too.
Other Air Fryer Reviews
- Ninja Air Fryer
- Gourmia Air Fryer
- Instant Vortex Air Fryer
- Michelangelo Air Fryer Lid
- Mealthy Crisp Lid
- Cosori Air Fryer
Originally Published August 15, 2020
Product Name: Michelangelo Air Fryer Lid
Ease of Use
Ease of Cleaning