Do you hate scrambling to make breakfast on the way out the door every morning? Are you sick of your hard-boiled eggs only turning out right half of the time? Read the full Dash Egg Cooker review to see if this is the answer to all of your egg woes.
Why You Should Trust My Dash Egg Cooker Review
- Cookbook Author: I've written 5 Instant Pot Cookbooks and 2 Air Fryer Cookbooks so I've spent more than my fair share of time in the kitchen.
- Efficient: That's the only way I know how to do things in the kitchen. Who has time to waste when you're trying to get food on the table? I'm known for my ruthless efficiency with everything I cook.
- Gadget geek!: I'm a self-proclaimed food tech enthusiast and have been known to purchase (and review) just about any kitchen appliance I can get my hands on.
What Is A Dash Rapid Egg Cooker?
A Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is a kitchen gadget that uses steam to quickly cook a variety of different foods. It comes with several different cooking trays to make cooking different styles of eggs an option.
What Did I Consider When Reviewing The Dash Egg Cooker?
In order to get a complete review of the Dash egg cooker, I considered the following things:
- Ease Of Use
- Ease Of Cleaning
The footprint of the Dash egg maker is rather small. Compared to alot of other kitchen gadgets I've purchased, I was surprised at how little space this took up on my kitchen counters.
No matter which model of Dash egg cooker you buy, you won't have any trouble finding space for it.
The Dash Rapid Egg Cooker has these dimensions: 9.00 x 10.00 x 8.00 inches
The original Dash Egg Cooker has these dimensions: 5.50 x 6.00 x 5.50 inches
If you've researched this egg cooker at all, you're probably familiar with the fact that it comes in two different varieties. You can grab the original version or the deluxe version.
The only difference between the two egg makers is the number of eggs you can make in each one.
I purchased the deluxe version. In it, you can make up to 12 eggs at a time. Since I try to eat low carb, I love to meal prep eggs. The larger capacity is great for this.
However, if you don't eat that many eggs or only cook a few at a time for a quick breakfast, the original Dash egg cooker will probably be large enough for you. It is able to cook up to 6 eggs at a time.
I bought this egg cooker after having a previous relationship making eggs in my Instant Pot. So, I knew it was going to be hard to impress me. All I could think of was "I can make all of the same styles of eggs in my Instant Pot. Why buy another appliance that does the same things?"
Well after using it a few times, I completely understand. With the Dash egg cooker, you don't have to wait for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, you don't need to have any added accessories, and you can keep an eye on your eggs as they cook.
What kind of things can you make in a Dash egg cooker? Well unlike what I assumed by just looking at the picture on Amazon, you have several different options:
- Hard boiled eggs
- Soft boiled eggs
- Poached eggs
- Steam veggies
- Steam seafood
- Warm tortillas
- Steam dumplings
As far as other features go, there aren't a lot of different cooking functions or exciting bells and whistles on this egg maker. This makes it extremely family-friendly. All there is to manage is a cord to plug in, a power switch, and a timer to listen for.
How Long Does The Dash Egg Cooker Take?
Depending on how many eggs you're trying to cook and the way you want them to be cooked can make the cooking time vary. However, most eggs take anywhere between 10 and 16 minutes to cook from start to finish.
4. Ease Of Use
I will say that it was surprisingly easy to use. It comes with a user manual, but it is really quite intuitive to use. All you need to do to use it is:
- Plug in the egg cooker
- Add the appropriate amount of water with the included measuring cup
- Select the right tray for the type of food you're wanting to cook or steam
- Place the lid on
- Flip on the switch to begin cooking
- Listen for the timer
- Enjoy your snack or meal
How Do You Use A Dash Egg Cooker?
You plug it in, turn the power button on, and it has an alarm to let you know when the cooking cycle is complete.
5. Ease Of Cleaning
The Dash egg maker is a breeze to clean. The inner pieces are delightfully nonstick which means cleanup is easy as can be.
If you hate handwashing dishes or appliances, you'll love how easy this is to clean. Here's how you do it:
- Remove all of the nonelectric parts from the Dash egg maker.
- Place the nonelectrical parts in the dish washer.
- Use a wet rag to wipe down any food splatters that may have landed on the base of the egg cooker.
You'll be delighted to hear that this fantastic egg cooker will not break the bank.
As with most other Dash kitchen gadgets, the Dash egg cooker is very affordable. No matter which model you purchase. With the amount of money you'll save with meal prep and skipping the daily breakfast drive-thru, this kitchen gadget will pay for itself in no time at all.
What Does The Dash Rapid Egg Cooker Come With?
Since the Dash egg cooker makes more than just hard-boiled eggs, it comes with a few accessories to make it more versatile. Here's what you will find in the box:
- Poaching tray
- Omelet bowl
- Egg holder trays
- Measuring cup
- Recipe book
What Colors Does It Come In?
So if you're concerned about having a bright red egg maker matching the aesthetic of your kitchen, no need to worry. The Dash Rapid egg cooker comes in a variety of colors. Currently, the colors available are:
Pros and Cons Of The Dash Egg Cooker
There's no secret why this egg cooker has so many wonderful reviews. After using it several times to make breakfast in a pinch, I'm obsessed.
- Small footprint
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Makes perfect eggs once you get the perfect water/egg ratio
- Another gadget to add to kitchen clutter
- Only good for making eggs - not a multifunctional cooker
Would I Buy This?
Buy This If:
- Your family eats a lot of eggs
- You have trouble cooking the perfect egg
- You like easy cleanup
- Your family wants to save money with meal prep
Pass On This If:
- You don't eat eggs very often
- Your kitchen space is limited
More Useful Equipment Reviews
- Instant Pod Coffee & Espresso Maker
- Misen Santoku Knife Review
- Instant Pot Ace Blender Review
- Instant Pot Mini Duo Review
- Chef's Choice 615A Meat Slicer Review
- How To Use A Food Saver
- How To Choose An Instant Pot
- KitchenAid Nespresso Espresso Maker
- Instant Zest Rice Cooker
- Souper Cubes
- Skoy Dish Scrubbers
- Sous Vide Accessories
- Phillips Starfish Technology Air Fryer Review
- Nutrimill Artiste Review
If you found this review for the Dash Egg Cooker helpful, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can decide if they want to add it to their kitchen gadget collection too.
Originally Published November 2, 2020
Product Name: Dash Egg Cooker
Ease Of Use
Ease Of Cleaning