Trying to find the perfect air fryer to add to your kitchen? Confused about all of the different sizes and shapes? Read my completely unbiased Cosori Air Fryer Review to see if this is the right air fryer for you.
Why You Should Trust My Review
- Air Fryer Cookbooks: I have two best-selling air fryer cookbooks, Every Day Easy Air Fryer and Air Fryer Revolution, so you can feel confident in knowing that I use air fryers on a regular basis, I'm quite familiar with how they work and I know what makes a good air fryer.
- Experienced Reviewer: I've done various air fryer reviews in the past, so I have a wealth of knowledge about air fryers and what makes one better than another.
- Gadget geek!: I'm a self-proclaimed food tech enthusiast and have been known to purchase (and review) just about any kitchen appliance I can get my hands on.
In the case of footprint for this Cosori Air Fryer, it isn't actually just the amount of space the air fryer takes up on your kitchen counter. I'm also taking into consideration how tall it is and if it will fit under your kitchen counters.
The Cosori Air Fryer has a significant footprint, but does fit nicely under your counter tops so you can easily tuck it away when it's not in use.
If you're wondering the exact dimensions of the Cosori Air Fryer, it is:
Capacity is, in my opinion, the most important factor you should consider when you're buying an air fryer. This Cosori Air Fryer has a 5.8 quart capacity.
While it says it can hold up to 6 quarts of food inside of the basket, this is deceiving. You will never want to stack food on top of each other to fill the basket completely. Here's why:
- Food will not crisp.
- Food will not cook evenly.
- It will take a tremendous amount of time for the food to cook.
Since you will ideally only place a single layer of food in the Cosori Air Fryer, the square shape of the basket allows you to cook a large quantity of food at once without overlapping.
The actual dimensions of the basket you cook in are:
This Cosori Air Fryer has many useful features. Here are some of the most noteworthy ones:
- 12 One Touch Presets
- Large 5.8 quart dishwasher safe cooking basket
- 100 air fryer recipes (which you won't need if you grab one of my air fryer cookbooks)
This Cosori Air Fryer comes with 12 cooking presets to make cooking even more simple. The presets it offers are:
- Frozen Foods
- French Fries
- Root Vegetables
If you prefer to cook with recipes that have a specific time and temperature, you can also control cooking time this way. You can adjust the temperature by 10 degree increments and time by minute increments.
And if you want more delicious air fryer recipes to try, check out one of my air fryer cookbooks.
4. Ease Of Use
This Cosori Air Fryer is so easy to use. Here's a quick walk through of how to cook in it:
- Place food in the air fryer basket.
- Press your desired preset or adjust time and temperature to fit your recipe.
- Close the air fryer basket.
- Press Start and allow to cook for half of the total time.
- Flip Food half way through cooking time.
- Finish cooking for the remainder of the time.
- Temp your food with a thermometer and serve.
5. Ease Of Cleaning
When I know I'm going to cook something especially messy or greasy, I prefer to add a layer of aluminum foil or 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the air fryer basket to help make clean up easier.
DON'T SCRUB. Seriously. Don't scrub the basket or the inside of your Cosori Air Fryer basket. This will remove the nonstick coating and make your food stick even worse in the future. Here's how I clean mine:
- Fill the basket and inner basket with warm water and dish soap.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Take a soft rag and wipe out any residue.
- Wipe down the outside of the air fryer.
If you're feeling lazy or simply just like to make life easier, this air fryer has a dishwasher safe basket. Just wipe out any crumbs or drippings and toss the basket in your dishwasher along with the rest of your dishes.
As far as price goes, this Cosori Air Fryer is a fairly affordable air fryer. When comparing it to air fryers with similar shape and capacity, it is also quite similarly priced.
In this case I would focus more on the value of this air fryer. The Cosori Air Fryer allows you to cook a large amount of food at one time. This reduces the energy use when you compare the time and energy it would require to cook two batches of food in a smaller air fryer.
The Cosori Air Fryer also comes with a larger variety of presets. If you or your family prefer to touch a button and walk away instead of programming your air fryer to cook at a specific time and temperature, this gives you more options.
Would I Buy This?
What is the perfect air fryer for one person may not be the perfect air fryer for another person. Here are a few helpful hints to help you decide if this air fryer is the right one for you.
Buy This If
- You have a larger family or like to have left overs.
- You like to cook with presets.
- Your kitchen has enough counter top space for another kitchen gadget.
Pass On This If
- You have a small family to cook for or tend to cook smaller portions.
- Prefer to set specific time and temperature for your recipes each time you cook.
- Have a smaller kitchen without much counter space.
Cosori Air Fryer Pros
I really enjoy this Cosori Air Fryer. There are a ton of pros to owning this air fryer. Here are some of my favorites:
- Large Capacity
- Easy To Use Presets
- Easy To Clean
Cosori Air Fryer Cons
There aren't many cons to this Cosori Air Fryer. If I had to change anything about it, it would be:
- Presets. Presets are a nice addition to this machine, but several of them seem redundant and unnecessary.
Other Useful Gadget Reviews
- Instant Pod Coffee & Espresso Maker
- Misen Santoku Knife Review
- Instant Pot Ace Blender Review
- Instant Pot Mini Duo Review
- Chef's Choice 615A Meat Slicer Review
- How To Use A Food Saver
- How To Choose An Instant Pot
- KitchenAid Nespresso Espresso Maker
- Instant Zest Rice Cooker
- Souper Cubes
- Skoy Dish Scrubbers
- Sous Vide Accessories
- Phillips Starfish Technology Air Fryer Review
- Nutrimill Artiste Review
If you found this Cosori Air Fryer review helpful, please share with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can see if this air fryer is right for them too. If you watch the YouTube video review, please leave a comment of another gadget you would like to see me review.
Originally Published August 27, 2020
Product Name: Cosori Air Fryer
Product Description: This Cosori Air Fryer has a cooking capacity of 5.8 quarts with 12 cooking presets. It is easy to use and clean and great value for the price.
Ease of Use
Ease of Cleaning