There are so many different sizes, shapes, and varieties of air fryers on the market, it can be difficult to know which ones are worth the investment. Here's a list of the best air fryer reviews of 2020 to help you decide which of the best-rated ones is right for your cooking needs.
Is An Air Fryer Worth Buying?
Whether an air fryer is worth buying is a loaded question. It all depends on how often you cook and which types of food you find yourself frequently cooking.
May people choose to invest in an air fryer for one of the following reasons:
- Fast. Since heat and air circulate around the food as it cooks, and there is virtually no preheat time the cooking time is decreased significantly from a traditional oven.
- Easy. Many air fryers come with simple presets that are simple enough for the whole family to use.
- Simple To Clean. Air fryers are incredibly simple to clean. Most just require a quick wipe down with a damp rag and dish soap and they're ready to use again.
- Affordable. Compared to a lot of other multifunctional kitchen gadgets, air fryers are some of the least expensive options for cooking a variety of foods.
- Healthy. Skip the deep frying and enjoy the same crisp, delicious foods that you would normally cook in grease.
How To Choose The Best Air Fryer
There are six things I like to take into consideration when doing my air fryer reviews. If you're choosing an air fryer, take these things in to consideration:
- Footprint - How much space it takes up in your kitchen.
- Capacity - How much food it can cook at one time.
- Features - If it has specialized functionality to make it better than other similar models
- Ease Of Use - Is it simple enough the whole family can use it?
- Ease Of Cleaning - No one likes to spend more time cleaning than they did cooking a meal.
- Price - It should fit within your budget and the price should be worth the value of the machine.
What Are The Pros And Cons Of An Air Fryer?
As with any other kitchen gadget, there are good things and bad things associate with air fryer cooking. And these things will vary between different models and brands of air fryers. Here are some pretty common pros and cons I've found to hold true across the board when doing my other air fryer reviews:
- Food cooks quickly
- Healthier food cooking options
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Can replace your oven for virtually all cooking needs
- Can be noisy when in use
- Footprint can be large and hard to store when not in use
If you're looking for specific air fryer reviews, check out some of over 15 air fryer reviews I have done on some of the air fryers mentioned in this list.
|Capacity||Shape||Easy to Clean||Ease of Use||Footprint||Features||Purchase|
|Gourmia||5Q Capacity||Shape: Egg||Easy to Clean||Easy to Use||Medium Footprint||Preset Features||Buy Now|
|GoWise USA||5.8Q Capacity||Shape: Egg||Easy to Clean||Easy to Use||Medium Footprint||Preset Features||Buy Now|
|Ninja Foodi||8Q Capacity||Shape: Egg||Easy to Clean||Easy to Use||Large Footprint||Preset Features||Buy Now|
|Philips||3.5Q Capacity||Shape: Egg||Easy to Clean||Easy to Use||Medium Footprint||Preset Features||Buy Now|
|Cosori||5.8Q Capacity||Shape: Square||Easy to Clean||Easy to Use||Large Footprint||Preset Features||Buy Now|
|Instant Vortex||6Q Capacity||Shape: Square||Easy to Clean||Easy to Use||Large Footprint||Preset Features||Buy Now|
|Cosori Oven Air Fryer Combo||32Q Capacity||Shape: Toaster Oven||Somewhat Easy to Clean||Easy to Use||Large Footprint||Preset Features||Buy Now|
|Breville Smart Oven||6Q Capacity||Shape: Toaster Oven||Easy to Clean||Easy to Use||Large Footprint||Preset Features||Buy Now|
|Mealthy Crisplid ||Fits 6-8Q Capacity Device||Shape: Lid||Easy to Clean||Easy to Use||Small Footprint||Customizable Features||Buy Now|
|Michelangelo Air Fryer Lid ||Fits 6-8Q Capacity Device||Shape: Lid||Easy to Clean||Easy to Use||Small Footprint||Preset Features||Buy Now|
|Dash Compact||1.6Q Capacity||Shape: Egg||Easy to Clean||Easy to Use||Small Footprint||Customizable Features||Buy Now|
What Is The Best Air Fryer Of 2020?
My Favorite Oven and Air Fryer Combination
My Favorite Egg Shaped Air Fryer
Best Square Shaped Air Fryer
My Favorite Round Air Fryers
Best Air Fryer With Grill
Best Air Fryer Lid
My favorite Air Fryer and Pressure Cooker Combo
What Can I Cook In An Air Fryer?
Honestly, the things you can cook in your air fryer are virtually limitless. For any recipe you can imagine cooking in your oven, you can easily adapt it to be made in your air fryer. All you need to do is reduce the recipe you use for your oven by 25F and increase the cooking time by 25%.
If you're looking for some delicious recipes that are formulated specifically for air fryer use and have been thoroughly tried and tested, pick up a copy of one of my air fryer cookbooks.
Is Air Fried Food Healthy?
If you're concerned about how healthy air fried food is, just know it all depends on what you're making in it. If you're purchasing an air fryer to reduce the amount of grease and oil you have in your diet from deep-fried foods, yes-- air fried food is exponentially healthier than the alternative.
Unfortunately a majority of the foods people initially gravitate toward when they first purchase an air fryer are the less healthy, prepackaged stuff.
Just know that for every unhealthy option that is out there, there are equally as many delicious and nutritious recipes to make your air fryer experience a healthy one.
If you found this list of the best air fryer reviews of 2020 helpful, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can pick the perfect one for themselves too.
Originally Publised October 19, 2020