Have you heard people raving about all how wonderful their Vitamix 5200 is? If all of the great things you've heard have you ready to jump on the Vitamix bandwagon, take a few minutes to read this full, unbiased review. I'll tell you all about this blender and help you decide if it's a must-have addition to your kitchen gadget collection.
Why You Should Trust My Vitamix 5200 Review
- Cookbook Author: I've written 5 Instant Pot Cookbooks and 2 Air Fryer Cookbooks so I've spent more than my fair share of time in the kitchen.
- Efficient: That's the only way I know how to do things in the kitchen. Who has time to waste when you're trying to get food on the table? I'm known for my ruthless efficiency with everything I cook.
- Gadget geek!: I'm a self-proclaimed food tech enthusiast and have been known to purchase (and review) just about any kitchen appliance I can get my hands on.
Here are a few factors I'm using to review the Vitamix 5200 Blender:
- Ease Of Use
- Ease Of Cleaning
- How Durable Is It?
In the case of footprint for this Vitamix 5200, it isn't actually just the amount of space the blender takes up on your kitchen counter. I'm also taking into consideration how tall it is and if it will fit under your kitchen counters.
The Vitamix 5200 blender has a large footprint and you will be hard-pressed to get it to fit under your kitchen cabinets. I will tell you that you will use this blender so much you likely won't mind that it takes up permanent residence on your countertops.
If you're wondering the exact dimensions of the Vitamix 5200, they are:
8.75 x 7.25 x 20.50 inches
In my article about how to choose a blender, I discussed the importance of capacity in a blender. This is a traditional style blender that offers a larger capacity for multiple servings of soups, smoothies, iced beverages, and much more.
The Vitamix 5200 blender has removable pitcher with a 64oz capacity.
Do you want to have the versatility of a personal-sized blender? Vitamix has a personal cup adapter that you can purchase to easily take this from a full-sized blender to something perfect for your smoothies or protein shakes on the go.
The Vitamix 5200 offers several different blending functions that offer you the full blending experience while still being extremely user friendly.
This Vitamix can perform any of the following blending options. They are:
It has 10 different speed settings that can be adjusted higher and lower at any point during the blending cycle. These are adjusted with an easy to use turn knob simply labeled from 1-10.
What Can You Make In The Vitamix 5200?
The thing that I love about this machine is that it's not just your run-of-the-mill blender. It is so functional you can --and likely will-- use it every day. Here are a few of the most popular things you can make in your new blender:
- Frozen Treats
- Frozen Drinks
4. Ease Of Use
The Vitamix 5200 is incredibly easy to use. Other than the sharp blades, and the ability to heat liquids while it's blending, it is easy enough for anyone in the family to use. There are two switches and one turn dial to control to completely customize your blending experience.
One switch is simply to turn the blender on and off. The other switch his to adjust the consistency of the blend. The turn dial knob is to adjust the speed of the blades. The switch and knob to control the blending can be adjusted at any point during the blending process.
5. Ease Of Cleaning
I've had blenders in the past that have been an absolute nightmare to clean. Trying to get inside of pitchers or blending cups that are incredibly narrow is a chore. Cleaning under and around the sharp blade can be very dangerous.
However, the Vitamix 5200 blender is a breeze to clean. Since the blades spin at such a high speed, all you need to do to clean it is:
- Fill the pitcher with hot water
- Add a drop or two of dish detergent
- Put the lid on
- Turn the blender on for 30-60 seconds
- Rinse out the pitcher with clean water
- Store pitcher upside down on a drying rack
One of the most notable things about this Vitamix 5200 blender is the price. It is significantly more expensive than other appliances I have previously reviewed. However, the price comparison for me is cost vs value. Here are a few things that I think make this blender worth the investment over other less expensive blenders:
- Allows you to heat soups and broths while they're blending
- Hardened stainless steel blades stay sharp enough to stand up to the most difficult ingredients
- Full seven year warranty guarantees you will love this Vitamix 5200 for years to come
What Does It Come With?
The Vitamix 5200 blender comes with things fairly standard with any other blender. Here is what you will find in the box:
- Motor base
- 64 oz. container
- Getting started guide
While this blender doesn't come with a lot of attachments like some others on the market do, there are several different other attachments you can purchase separately to take your Vitamix blending experience to the next level.
7. How Durable Is It?
With a high-performance motor and stainless steel blades, this Vitamix 5200 blender will last you for years to come. I have had mine for several years and use it quite frequently to test all of my recipes for my cookbooks. It has absolutely been through the wringer to test how durable and functional it is.
I can attest that it still works just as well today as it did the day that I purchased it.
Instant Pot Blender Vs Vitamix
Both of these blenders are very functional and are sure to impress, but here are a few things that set them apart:
- The Instant Pot blender has a heating element whereas the Vitamix blender creates friction heat by rapidly spinning blades.
- The Instant Pot blender has a timer for certain cooking functions. The Vitamix has a simple to use on and off switch and doesn't have a timer since it does not have a heating element to turn on and off.
Would I Buy This?
Not only would I buy this, I have. And I would absolutely purchase it again. It's functionality, durability, and overall fantastic craftsmanship make it the perfect blender for me.
However, the perfect blender for me may not be the perfect blender for you. Here are a few things to help you decide if the Vitamix 5200 is right for you:
Buy The Vitamix 5200 If:
- You want an investment piece that will last for years
- You want a multifunctional kitchen gadget that is used frequently
- Quality is an important factor when making a purchase
Pass On The Vitamix 5200 If:
- You are on a budget
- You have a small cooking space
- If you have had a blender in the past and rarely used it
Vitamix Blender Pros and Cons
- Easy to use
- Several different blending functions
- Heating option
- Easy to clean
- Large footprint and hard to store when not in use
|Vitamin 5200 ||- Footprint: 8.75 x 7.25 x 20.5 inches|
- Capacity: 64oz
- Ten Speed Settings
- Usable for a Variety of Foods
- Easy to Use
- Easy to Clean
- Highly Durable
More Helpful Gadget Reviews
- Instant Pod Coffee & Espresso Maker
- Misen Santoku Knife Review
- Instant Pot Ace Blender Review
- Instant Pot Mini Duo Review
- Chef's Choice 615A Meat Slicer Review
- How To Use A Food Saver
- How To Choose An Instant Pot
- KitchenAid Nespresso Espresso Maker
- Instant Zest Rice Cooker
- Souper Cubes
- Skoy Dish Scrubbers
- Sous Vide Accessories
- Phillips Starfish Technology Air Fryer Review
- Nutrimill Artiste Review
If this review on the Vitamix 5200 blender was helpful, make sure you share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest so they can see if it's the right air fryer for them too.
Ease Of Use
Ease Of Cleaning
User Review( votes)