Are you in the market for a food processor but aren't sure which one would be the perfect addition to your kitchen? Use my all-inclusive checklist to help you decide how to choose a food processor.
How To Choose A Food Processor: Why You Should Trust My Opinion On Which Food Processor To Buy
- Cookbook Author: I've written 5 Instant Pot Cookbooks and 2 Air Fryer Cookbooks so I've spent more than my fair share of time in the kitchen.
- Efficient: That's the only way I know how to do things in the kitchen. Who has time to waste when you're trying to get food on the table? I'm known for my ruthless efficiency and use the pot in pot cooking method every chance I get.
- Gadget geek!: I'm a self-proclaimed food tech enthusiast and have been known to purchase (and review) just about any kitchen appliance I can get my hands on.
What Do Food Processors Do?
- Puree foods
- Chop foods
- Shred foods
- Mix dry ingredients
When Should You Use A Food Processor?
Food processors are typically best used for:
- Chopping vegetables
- Shredding meats
- Pulverizing nuts
- Grating cheese
- Kneading bread (with the appropriate attachment)
But this is just the beginning of what they're capable of. If you need something mixed, blended, pureed, chopped or sliced, you'll likely be able to do it in your food processor.
The capacity of food processors varies significantly by brand and price. They come in models ranging from 3 to 16 cup capacity.
The footprint of a food processor is slightly larger than that of a blender. While most of them will fit under your kitchen cabinets, they do take up more space on your countertop.
But keep in mind that most food processors come with attachments, and those attachments take up a lot of space.
Food processors have a pretty simple set of functions to operate. Most come with these simple to use functions:
The thing that makes these so functional is the attachments that most come with. This changes the functionality along with the different motor speeds.
Prices in food processors can vary significantly. Depending on the functions they offer and the brand you're purchasing, you can pay anything from under $40 to over $600 for a blender.
Highest Rated Food Processors
This Ninja Food Processor has a powerful 1,000 watt motor that can handle any workload you throw its way. It has a 9 cup capacity and is easy to clean and assemble. This food processor comes with an assortment of presets to make it super easy to use.
This Breville Food Processor is the best of the best. It's virtually unrivaled with its 1200 watt motor and 16 cup capacity. It comes with several essential attachments to make the most of your food processor. The S-blade system the micro-serrated s-blade delivers swift action for consistent chopping, mixing, and processing of a variety of ingredients.
The most affordable of the highest rated food processors on the market. It's an absolute value for the magnitude of features it offers. It comes with a 350 watt motor, which is less than its peers, but it's still enough to get the job done. The Cuisinart food processor has an 8 cup capacity. It is easy to disassemble to clean and is dishwasher safe.
This decision should be based on how you intend to use this kitchen gadget. Here are a few tips to help you decide which one you should purchase:
Buy A Food Processor If:
- You want something that comes with multiple attachments
- You want a kitchen gadget that is multifunctional
- Want something that fits under your kitchen cabinets
- You want something that can be as affordable or expensive as your budget allows
Pass On A Food Processor If:
- You don't do a lot of cooking
- Your kitchen space is small
More Kitchen Gadget Reviews
If you found this article on how to choose a food processor helpful, make sure you share it on Facebook and Pinterest so your friends can figure out which one is right for them too.